Here are some nice active community resources for discussing Minecraft. Please note that all of these are third-party and aren't hosted by us. We link them because they're great.
- @jeb_ – Jeb is the lead developer of Minecraft, follow him!
- Facebook - Join our community on Facebook
- Minecraft forums - Official forums, Notch reads these
- Minecraft wiki - Comprehensive community run Wiki
- Minecraft Explorer Pro - Companion app for iOS
esper.net and other IRC networks aren't affiliated with Minecraft or Mojang, so their staff can't help with support for our game. Ask inside the channels (preferably #MineCraftHelp) for that.
- #minecraft on irc.esper.net - It's an IRC channel!
- #MineCraftHelp on irc.esper.net - Help and support from community members.
- #mcchatter on irc.esper.net - For general community chatter. (channel rules)
Forums and Communities
- Minecraftopia - Great (and good looking!) resource
- Minecraft Community on Steam - Over 1000 members!
- Minecraft on Reddit
- World of Minecraft
- Minecraft on Mod DB
- Minecrafting.ru - A Russian forum
- Minecraft forum - A Spanish forum
- Minecraft Workbench - Texture packs, mods and skins
- Minecraft.fr - A French Minecraft site, potato cubes!
- Minecraftfr.com - Another French Minecraft community.
- Minecraft-France - French Minecraft community.
- Nederlands Minecraft forum - Dutch Minecraft community.
- mcbbs.net - One of the biggest Chinese Minecraft communities.
Indie Game Development
Want to make your own game? Want to see what games other people are making?
- TIGSource - Lots of talent! Minecraft originated here.
- JavaGaming.org - Other java game developers.
- Indie Games - The blog is awesome, and so is the podcast.
- Ludum Dare - A 48 hour game development competition.
Here are some of my friends also making games, I probably forgot a bunch…